Tuesday 1 July 2014

How to look your best, without wearing make up.

I am a firm believer that everyone should let their skin breathe once in a while, but lets be honest, no one looks their best when they roll out of bed in the morning. So I have a few little things that I like to do, following my normal morning skincare routine, to help me feel a bit more fresh and out together.

1. Cold water; I don't mean splashing your face, although it definitely perks me up it causes me to go as red as a beetroot, not a good look! Therefore, I run my fingers under cold water and then gently press them over my eyes, and around my nose, chin etc (any pore-y areas really) which really helps brighten and tighten everything. Drinking a glass with lemon will also kick-start your metabolism!

2. Spoolie, Spoolie, Spoolie!; I love a spoolie to groom unruly brows and separate tangled lashes.

3. Curlers; Curling your eyelashes gives an instant wide awake look!

4. Vaseline; Oh vaseline, the trusty bathroom cabinet staple. I slick this on my eyebrows to keep them looking sleek, my eyelashes to add a gorgeous gloss, my lips to add a balm-y shine and the cheekbones to act as a hydrating highlighter.

and that's really it, nothing overly special but is enough to just help you feel a little more put together!

p.s Feel free to leave your own tips below!

4 comments:

  1. Great little tips!
    clarabellerose.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great tips! I usually splash cold water but I'll definitely try pressing it instead!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete