Friday 18 April 2014

Benefit Peek-a-bright eyes review.

Not so long ago I received a gorgeous box of goodies from Jess at starvioletbeauty from a competition win. One of the pieces inside was this benefit eye shadow kit! I have never owned any benefit eye shadows but I love their mascara and blush so was pretty darn excited to try this out.





How adorable is this little kit! it comes with 3 eye shadows, a base, a contour and a highlight, and then a creamy highlighter. Plus it even has mini brushes which, surprisingly, aren't that bad! The concealer brush is a little stiff but I love the contour and liner brush, the contour one is so soft, it's great to finally have a decent 'mini' brush! These shadows are seriously pigmented, you really only need the tiniest touch with your brush, especially on the brown shade! They also lasted pretty well on me without any creasing, with no primer! In the pictures below I have the matt 'buff' shade under my brow, the 'pearly pink' on my lid and the 'warm chocolate' through my crease, I then popped the cream highlighter in my inner corners. Benefit suggest using the 'buff' shadow as a base and the 'pearly pink' as a highlight, but I wasn't feeling shimmer under my eyebrows so just switched them round. I am still trying to figure out what is the best settings for my camera so bare with, and if you have any suggestions then please pop them below. So here is my quick bright eye using this palette: 




I really don't think these photos do this lovely little palette justice, I will definitely try and get some better ones! Overall, I love this palette, it has a good mix of colours that can also be used to create a more smokey evening look, stays put sans primer and is in a compact (if a little fat) case which is good for travelling.


No comments:

Post a Comment